for your family and your school.
Skool Loop App was developed to meet increased parent – school demand for simple communication between school staff and families.
Subscribe to notice groups!
To join your Skool Loop App notice groups, simply follow the steps below:
We respect your privacy.
We respect your privacy and do not store any of your personal data. Any personal / family information that you provide on any Skool Loop App forms is directed solely to the school of your intent. Your information is not accessed by Skool Loop and is solely the school property. Your personal information will not and has never been sold on /or used for any type of database.
FAQ's From Parents
Simply download the Skool Loop App from your app store on your smartphone. Choose the country and region and then your child’s school from a list of schools in Australia and New Zealand. You may choose multiple schools.
Parents can pick from the available times the teacher has indicated through using the Parent Teacher Interview function.
No, sending a text through the app does not incur a fee. The app will redirect the user to the text messages part of their app and normal plan charges will occur.
There are often a few reasons why your phone may not be receiving the alerts from the Skool Loop App:
1. If you are in the app when the notice is sent often it does not want to send an alert as you are already in the app to see the message that has been sent.
2. If the app or the user’s phone is not up to date, then they may not receive the notice as the phones current software cannot handle the request.
3. The user’s phone may have notifications switched off, to fix this go into phone settings – Apps/notifications – and choose to allow
4. The Phone may be too old. Some phones such as the iPhone 5 are now too old to receive push notifications as the software that the app runs on is newer than what is available for that phone.
5. How do I join a group in notices to receive instant alerts. – Tap the settings tile on your school app and select subscribe to groups, select groups the relate to your child. If a group is password protected, please refer to your school for the password.
6. You can check which groups you belong to, if your phone has permission for instant notices and if it is updated by checking the Debug function under the settings tile on the Skool Loop App.
As well as displaying your school events the app also sync’s with your phones ‘native calendar’ allowing you to see both school and personal events, the purpose of this is for parents to see potential clashes in their diary (only you can see your personal events). You may notice that your personal events are shown with a Blue/Purple dot and your school events are a Red/Pink dot. You are able to turn this off in the permissions section of your phone settings.
If your school isn’t featured on the app, they may not have signed up for the Skool Loop service. Feel free to get in touch with us and we can confirm or follow up with the school to let them know about the interest.
At Skool Loop we are committed to ensuring your data is safe and secure on our platform at all times.
We know the world moves fast and new threats are always on the horizon. To ensure we stay ahead of these threats, we are committed to the following actions:
Continuous monitoring of the integrity of all our systems
Regular security audits of our systems and processes
Continual investment and improvement in our system architecture
Appointment of a dedicated “Privacy Officer”
Continued commitment to our users of openness and transparency across data security issues
What technology do we use to Protect Data?
All Skool Loop data is hosted on AWS . We use HSTS to ensure browsers interact with Skool Loop Backend only over HTTPS.
Passwords stored in our systems are encrypted at the highest level and are only ever visible to the end-user (you) only. Images and documents are stored in private storage with controlled secure access.
If you have specific questions or would like to receive a detailed Data & Security Fact Sheet, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
The Skool Loop app is completely free for all schools and parents. There are no costs associated with any of the functions within the app. The app is funded by local advertisers who are advertising within the app.
We are a multi-language app offering translations between English, German and Mandarin.
We cater to schools outside of New Zealand, including Australia and Fiji.