What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
The Skool Loop App & website service will not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
How do we protect visitor information?
The server has a vulnerability scanner which runs daily, we use ConfigServer.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We use an SSL certificate
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders .
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
27 Beach Road Kaikoura 7300
Skool Loop App ABN 21152377065 (Skool Loop, us, our and/or we) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Scope of the policy
This policy applies to all information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (you), whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not (Personal Information) that is collected, held, used and disclosed by Skool Loop App.
This policy has been prepared in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
In this policy, we explain the kinds of Personal Information we collect, how and why we collect and use it, and what controls you have over our use of it.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
Personal Information that Skool Loop collects, uses, holds and discloses
The kinds of Personal Information we collect hold, use and disclose includes the following:
- email address;
- phone number(s);
- academic results;
- IP address;
- details of the school your child attends;
- information about any complaints; and
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is afforded a higher level of privacy protection. We do not collect this information.
How Skool loop collects and holds Personal Information
We usually collect Personal Information indirectly from our customers (for example, we may collect Personal Information about a student or parent from their school).
We may also collect Personal Information from you directly in the following ways:
- if you request us to provide you with a quote;
- if you place an order with us;
- if you request assistance from our online advisers;
- if you make a request for support online or by telephone;
- if you provide feedback in a survey;
- if you participate in promotional offers;
- if you subscribe to our mailing list; or
- if you disclose information such as contact details via our website
- if you apply for a job.
Skool Loop holds this Personal Information in a database which may be hosted on a cloud service within Australia or a server owned by a school we have collected the Personal Information from, also located in Australia.
We take reasonable steps to:
- protect your Personal Information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- ensure that our system is appropriately backed-up to prevent the loss of your Personal Information; and
- destroy or de-identify Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Security measures that we have in place to protect your Personal Information include the following:
- where possible, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information are used;
- information access restrictions, including two factor authentication and different levels of security clearance;
- configurable account locking policies to lock out accounts after failed login attempts;
- all staff are required to sign confidentiality agreements and undergo relevant background and/or working with children checks; and
- we ensure that any third-party providers have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure.
The purposes for which Skool Loop collects, holds, uses and discloses Personal Information
- Personal Information which is collected by Skool Loop will be held, used and disclosed by us for the primary purpose of managing, analysing and reporting on the Personal Information to our customers including: to facilitate and support school administration
- to support and enhance our relationship with you (this includes processing your school order, providing better service and support, and sharing company news and information with you);
- to assess suitability of job applicants; and
- to deal with complaints.
Skool Loop may also disclose Personal Information to the extent required or authorised by applicable law.
Skool Loop does not sell any of your Personal Information. Skool Loop is not likely to disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients.
Access and correction of personal information
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request its correction. Upon receipt of a written request from you, we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act to give you access to the Personal Information we hold about you within a reasonable period of time unless an exception to access applies under the Privacy Act.
Upon receipt of a written request from you we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act to correct any Personal Information we hold about you within a reasonable period of time.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your Personal Information, please make a complaint in writing to our Disclosure Service listed below. We will respond to all complaints within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Disclosure Service Contact Details
Please note: The above form is exclusively for the reporting of Cyber Security related matters. Any other requests will not be responded to. Skool Loop also does not respond to personal information requests from students, all such requests should be directed to your school.